A high performance copper based antifouling for cruising and racing yachts, based on the very latest developments in controlled solubility chemistry. Micron Technology uses less copper more efficiently than old fashioned high copper bottom paints.
Being smoother than conventional copper antifoulings the continuous renewal of the active surface layers avoids the build-up of old coatings, keeping the hull clean and fast and allowing easier end of season maintenance.
Includes new Biolux sun-blocking technology. In the South up to two and two-and-a-half years' protection with two coats depending on conditions (water temperature, sunlight penetration, fresh water content, actual boat usage). This will vary.
- 5°C (41°F) Immersion 24hrs Touch dry 60mins
- 15°C (59°F) Immersion 12hrs Touch dry 45mins
- 25°C (77°F) Immersion 8hrs Touch dry 30mins
- 35°C (95°F) Immersion 6hrs Touch dry 20mins
Overcoating information (substrate temp):-
- 5°C (41°F) Min 16hrs Max ext
- 15°C (59°F) Min 10hrs Max ext
- 25°C (77°F) Min 6hrs Max ext
- 35°C (95°F) Min 4hrs Max ext
(Note: Up to 12 months exposure time out of water without loss of performance, provided the coating is protected from the sun/elements and given a thorough high pressure (3500 - 5000 psi) fresh water wash prior to immersion.)
Application & Use:-
- PREVIOUSLY ANTIFOULED SURFACE In Good Condition : Rinse with fresh water and allow to dry. If old antifouling is incompatible or unknown, seal with suitable International Paint barrier/sealer coat. In Poor Condition: Remove all loosely adhering and flaking material, feather back all edges and sand all areas. Areas taken back to substrate should be treated as for new work. If old antifouling is incompatible or unknown, seal with suitable International Paint barrier/sealer coat.
- PRIMING - For suitable primers, enquire via phone or in store.
- BARE GRP Degrease with solvent or suitable detergent cleaner. Sand well using 180220 grade paper. Clean thoroughly and allow to dry completely. Preprime using an International primer as detailed for specific coating systems.
- STEEL Degrease with solvent or suitable detergent cleaner. Gritblast to Sa 2½ near white metal surface. If gritblasting is not possible, grind the metal surface with 2436 grit abrasive discs to a uniform, clean, bright metal surface with a 50 75 microns anchor pattern. Use angle grinder on small areas. Clean thoroughly and allow to dry completely. Preprime using an International primer as soon as possible (within 8 hours) as detailed for specific coating systems.
- BARE WOOD/PLYWOOD Sand smooth with 80180 and then 280 grade paper. Remove sanding dust by brushing, dusting and wiping, or other suitable method. Clean down thoroughly and ensure surface is dry. .Prime using an International primer as detailed for specific coating systems.
- LEAD Degrease with solvent or suitable detergent cleaner. Sand well using 120 grade paper or power wire brush. Clean thoroughly and allow to dry. Preprime using an International primer as detailed for specific coating systems.
- Mixing - Stir well before use
- Thinning - Not recommended
- Cleaner - YTA085 International Antifouling Thinners No.3. (part number for 1L (27702) on our website)
- Ventilation and Humidity Control - Ensure adequate ventilation during use.
- Airless Spray - Pressure: 176210 bar/25003050 psi. Tip Size: 2180.
- Airmix - Pressure: 2.5 bar. Tip Size: 20113.
- Other - For Airmix spray application Pressure: 2.5 bar. Tip Size: 20113. True colour will develop after immersion. For in season maintenance wipe surface with a soft sponge or equivalent. Heavy cleaning operations on a regular basis may remove some paint leading to a reduction of the inservice life of the coating. To prevent premature failure, ensure the correct amount of paint is applied using the coverage as a guide. A slight variation in antifouling colour may be experienced when the same product is used as a boot topping compared to the product continually immersed.
Some Important Points:-
- Not suitable for use over Aluminium/Alloy substrates or zinc sprayed surfaces. To prevent premature failure, ensure the correct amount of paint is applied using the coverage as a guide.
- Product temperature should be minimum 5°C/41°F and maximum 35°C/95°F.
- Ambient temperature should be minimum 5°C/41°F and maximum 35°C/95°F.
- Substrate temperature should be minimum 5°C/41°F and maximum 35°C/95°F.
Number of Coats:-
- 3 coats by brush/roller, 2 coats by spray. Apply an extra stripe coat in areas of high wear such as chines, rudders, sterngear and any leading edges.
- (Theoretical) 6.67m²/ly by spray, 10m²/lt by brush/roller (Practical) 4m²/lt by spray, 9m²/lt by brush/roller
Available in dover white, blue, navy, red & black.